Sr. Usability (UX) Researcher - North American Market
We are looking for a senior usability expert/ market researcher. Your insights will help the business understand opportunities and challenges for growing Booking.com. Most of your concrete advises will be centered on the optimization of user experience for the visitors of our website. Therefore you need to have a strong usability background and excellent business awareness.
You will be responsible for deciding what method to use, which data to capture, and how to interpret and communicate the results to your colleagues. Your personal toolkit is composed of a variety of methods, including, but not limited to, focus groups, traditional one-on-one usability interviews, surveys, and data analysis. You will focus on short-term conversion and commission and long-term customer loyalty.
You will be traveling regularly across the world to conduct researches. Day-to-day you will be working with usability and analytics specialists, product owners, designers and developers. This position is located in our headquarters based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
You will mainly use your knowledge and skills to
- Initiate and execute research to discover opportunities for concrete website optimization experiments.
- Provide in-depth research insights and communicate the most relevant industry and competitive insights to stakeholders in all departments.
- Help frontend-colleagues prioritize and refine their projects by providing the user perspective.
Required Skills & Experience Skills
- Passionate hands-on market- and usability researcher
- Excellent analytical skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude and able to work independently
- A strong commercial mindset
- Resourceful, pragmatic thinker
- Data driven, with a feeling for numbers
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team-player
- Fully comfortable working in English, both written and spoken
- At least 7-8 years of proven experience in usability- and market research – doing both qualitative user interviews and quantitative data analysis
- Several years of research experience in North America, South America, Asia or an Arabic speaking country.
- Ecommerce experience
- Consultancy experience (preferred)
- Experience working with A/B testing (preferred)
- Masters degree in: psychology, sociology or marketing (or related disciplines)
Work at Booking
There are many benefits in joining the Booking.com team. We offer a competitive salary, attractive bonus plan, 26 days of annual leave, commuting reimbursement, a pension scheme, travel perks through Booking.com, and training opportunities. In addition, we offer relocation packages and work sponsorship for worldwide candidates to join our growing IT team in Amsterdam!
You are you, We are Booking!
We are a global company headquartered in the beautiful city of Amsterdam. Our culture is built around good ideas and a collaborative environment. We all share the responsibility to make our company even better. We believe that every employee can add their own unique value to the company, just by being you. We invite you to make your own mark on the company. Together we can set off on an exciting journey.
How to apply
Please apply via our website: