We’re a small, fast-moving, agile environment and our team of developers is growing. We’re looking for a new developer to work on a new Drupal Commons projects with us.
Our environment fosters growth and learning and we’ll give you the opportunity to strengthen your skills and work on projects with very high national visibility. If that sounds interesting, read on!
To succeed here you’ll need:
- Demonstrated experience building sites with Drupal
- Deep knowledge of views, panels, CCK, commerce, organic groups, userpoints
- Module development experience. You should be able to develop a module from scratch and have committed code on a Drupal project
- Sub-theme development from scratch and maintenance of existing themes
- Experience pushing and pulling from git, and svn
- Experience working in a Linux shell environment
- Diagnosing and implementing bug fixes
- Optimizing and tuning application performance
- Exposure to the Acquia hosting environment would be nice, but not necessary
NJI Media is a three-year-old interactive agency that specializes in design, web development, multimedia production and online communications strategy. We do work for political, corporate and non-profit organizations across the country. We’re 15 people and growing and we’re located in Old Town Alexandria.
This is an immediate position. Compensation is negotiable and based on experience, but we’re very competitive and we offer benefits, 401k and vacation.
Please send an email to email@example.com with a note written like you’re a real person. Copy/pasting a cover letter that makes you sound like you wear a suit seven days a week isn’t going to get you too far. We just want to hear who you are, what projects you’ve worked on and some sample code that accurately represents where you are as a developer.
Oh, and thanks for reading this all the way through. To be clear, we’re not interested in hearing from recruiters, staffing companies or people that can’t work in our office in Old Town.