Director of Design, StumbleUpon
StumbleUpon is looking for an amazing Director of Design to lead our design team. This role will collaborate with our Product, Marketing and Engineering teams to bring the next generation of StumbleUpon products to over 15 million users. You will lead a team of visual & interactive designers to create a consistent and polished user experience across all of our platforms and devices. Our ideal candidate will fit into a fast-paced, collaborative, fun, and innovative environment and have extensive experience with interface design, user testing and product development.
- Provide visual design input, ideas and execution for web, desktop, and mobile applications
- Present creative concepts and capabilities and provide rationale on effectiveness of creative
- Develop wireframes, screen-flow diagrams & UI spec documentation as needed
- Collaborate with Product Managers to translate business requirements into elegant and easy to use interfaces.
- Collaborate with marketing to help increase brand awareness and improve communication with customers.
- Deliver production-ready assets and perhaps pitch in with implementation, dependent on skill-set.
- BA/BS or above preferred in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, or other design field; Or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years XHTML, CSS experience
- 5+ years of Web / Application Design experience
- 5+ years Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator experience.
- Experience designing and bringing to market applications, as well as engaging web and mobile applications.
- Experience and strong ability to work with product management, software engineers, marketing, and senior management.
- Working knowledge of how to translate prototypes into design.
- Confident and capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge and/or passion about StumbleUpon is always a plus!
StumbleUpon is a discovery engine that finds the best of the web, recommended just for you. But we’re not ones to rest on our laurels: StumbleUpon is a growing discovery and social recommendation technology company with the audacious long-term goal of helping people quickly and easily discover and share information individualized to their unique tastes and preferences. With more than 10 million users and half a billion recommendations per month, StumbleUpon is the leading way to discover great content on the Internet. Founded in 2001, StumbleUpon is based in San Francisco and backed by the same investors as Google and Facebook.