The Digital Designer is a key member of the digital communications team in the Office of Communications and Marketing, playing a significant role in devising and delivering messaging to internal and external audiences.
The Designer will be responsible for enhancing the image of the college through design of key digital material, including the Brooklyn College Web site(s), e-newsletters and invitations, social media, event promotion, and other digital marketing collateral.
S/he will report to the Associate Director of Digital Communications and will work closely with the other members of the department staff to employ the college’s branding standards.
The Designer will:
- Create, develop, and execute design solutions that are strong, attractive, fresh and intuitive, ensuring the best possible user experience. Includes designing interactive elements for the college’s digital communications portfolio that support navigation and usability, and create long-term solutions.
- Utilize industry technology to present innovative tools that increase productivity and efficiency, and that support the college’s communications and marketing goals.
- Produce digital design content for various platforms used by the college, including its web site, interactive applications, campaigns, marketing materials, online communities, blogs, e-newsletters, invitations, video displays, and micro sites
- Investigate and analyze necessary information to enhance end-user experience. Continually research, test markets, and troubleshoot existing and future end-user experience and design, and apply these practices to the college’s communications platforms.
- Collaborate with Digital Content Editor and Producer and the Department of Information Technology Services to produce high quality deliverables.
Deadline to apply is November 2, 2013.
How to apply
For more details and to apply, please visit www.brooklyn.cuny.edu/adminjobs and click on 9298.