WGBH Digital serves as the Foundation’s research, development and production team for new media technologies. We work with the national production, kids and education units to produce a variety of media-rich Web sites, applications, games and other digital experiences.
We are looking for someone who falls somewhere between a front-end and a full-stack developer to join our collaborative, interdisciplinary team. You’ll be working closely with other developers, designers and producers as you create our next award winning application.
At WGBH, we get to build media and content rich applications for Emmy award winning programs like Masterpiece, Antiques Roadshow, and NOVA, and for wildly popular kid’s programming such as PBS Kid’s Curious George and Arthur. We build everything from web sites, to HTML5 games, educational platforms, blogs, video players, and just about anything else that can be built for the web.
• Write clean, performant code
• Make informed recommendations on usage of appropriate libraries
• Participate in the analysis, design, and development of existing and new web properties
• Follow design and product direction and specification
• 3+ years experience building for the web
• Deep understanding of progressive enhancement and accessibility in web development
• Experience with responsive design
• Experience with MV* libraries
• Comfortable with git
• Experience with Django/Python
• Experience building interactive online experiences or games
• History with online media and education
• A passion for the mission of public broadcasting
Please apply to this position on our Careers site at: http://www.wgbh.org/about/employmentOpportunities.cfm