Why are we hiring a designer?
Simple: We’re growing.
Growing because of great clients and a great team. Growing because we chose to grow and not because we have to. Growing because our upcoming projects will make us a better agency and a better team.
What makes an UpTrending Designer?
UpTrending Designers are talented, driven people with a passion for making gorgeous, ground-breaking work and a commitment to fostering the talents of the employees they help manage. They’re ready for hands-on projects at every stage of the lifecycle, from brainstorming creative concepts with the project team and developing original campaigns, to participating in client presentations and ensuring deadlines are met, all the way to launch.
We want you to create kick-ass work, yes, but we also want you to collaborate with the design team and help shape the overall agency design perspective. UpTrending is a collaborative work environment, so Designers need to collaborate across disciplines on a daily basis, from development to analytics to client services, all while maintaining high standards for original concepts and detailed execution. This is an opportunity to define and reinvent the digital space, and a passion for doing just that is critical.
What we’d like to see:
- A strong background, with 3-5 years of visual design experience, at least some in an agency environment.
- A solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation.
- You know a product needs more than just a pretty face.
- Strong conceptual thinking. We want people who can start a project off from an incredibly strong position and come up with surprising, cool concepts to move forward with.
- Strong communication skills and experience consulting directly with clients.
- The confidence and skill to communicate your ideas clearly.
- Strong leadership ability and self- motivation.
- The ability to work as a team with other designers and developers.
- You should consider Photoshop and Illustrator to be something like family.
- A great attitude and a lack of ego.
Nice to have’s:
- Experience in branding studies, logo exploration, concepting and design
- Experience with print materials for a complete branding package
- Experience with HTML/CSS
How to apply
. Send us what you think we’d like to see. It keeps things interesting that way.
Please, no recruiters or agencies. As much as we’d like to like you, you’re just not our type.