Heyzap is the largest mobile gaming community on Android and iPhone, helping millions of people discover mobile games and connect with friends and fellow gamers. Located in the heart of San Francisco, we are funded by top tier investors (Y Combinator and Union Square Ventures) and we have a super fast growing user base.
We are seeking a Designer to transform Heyzap.
We are looking for someone with a passion for fundemental design principles and someone willing to engage in a two way learning process. The ideal candidate will have a personal interest in social web/mobile applications, and a passion for designing consumer facing web/mobile experiences.
In just 6 months, millions of users have downloaded our app and we are growing by over 50% every month.
- Heyzap powers millions of game discoveries every month for our users
- We are a small, agile team and ship product continuously
- At Heyzap we are going to challenge the way you think about design
- We value design and put user experience at the top of our agenda
- We enjoy solving design problems
- We work with the biggest game developers in the industry such as Digital Chocolate (Millionaire City), Pocket Gems (Tap Zoo), Zynga and Get Set Games (Megajump)
- Be transformative to our hugely successful and growing Android and iOS app on a regular basis
- Solve challenging design problems
- Being involved in speccing projects
- Designing pixel perfect screens for users
- Being a master of user interfaces
- Being able to make photoshop do unexpected things
- Work closely with the founders and the team to make the best gaming app in the world
- Pixel perfection
- 3-4 years experience in the following:: Photoshop, Typography, Iconography, Illustration
- 1-2 years professional experience as a member of a creative team or agency.
- Solid understanding of web standards, web/mobile, and live production practices.
- Strong creative and visual skills
- The ability to ship
- Ability to explain your thinking; strong interpersonal skills; an ability to work independently and with a group.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems and convey ideas into tangible forms.
- Ability to write great call to actions
- Thought leadership on design principles
- Experience developing high quality consumer applications
- HTML / CSS
- Basic Rails knowledge (not required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in HCI or Interface Design or related degree
- Meaningful stock options
- Whatever hardware you need, thundebolt and comfy aeron chair
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- Odwalla fridge and healthy snacks
- Book budget and large existing library
- An exciting and challenging work environment.
- Commuter benefits
- Free lunches (there is such a thing at Heyzap)
- Fun team events
- Enhance your workspace