Design Team Lead
Usablenet: who are we?
We are, according to Crain’s, one of the 50 fastest growing companies in New York with over $20MM in sales. We are the leading mobile and multi-channel technology company with over 300 major clients worldwide. With offices in NYC, LA, London and Italy, we’re doing groundbreaking work in mobile and social.
There is a unique energy, excitement and passion at Usablenet that grows stronger and stronger each day. We spend our days winning new clients and expanding our existing relationships with fantastic brands. The work we’re doing is matchless anywhere in high-tech, let alone mobile & multi-channel. Over the past 12 months, we’ve completely transformed our ability to deliver projects and support our clients, though we are always looking to improve. We are seeking the best, brightest minds in mobile and multi-channel to join our team to help us grow and continue the transformation of our amazing company.
What’s in it for you?
You will be challenged, inspired and rewarded. The truth is we have very high aspirations and we expect a lot from our employees. We ask that you give us your very best each and every day. We will challenge you with really cool work while providing you with a collaborative culture. Our environment is unbelievably fast paced and we promise to keep you on your toes. In exchange, we will provide you with all the tools you’ll need to be successful here and we will also encourage you to have a happy, balanced life. Some incentives of working here at Usablenet are great pay, great benefits, 401 (k), free mobile service (yes, that’s right…no cell phone bill for you!), and 3 weeks paid vacation. In addition, we are always open to hearing what else will help you lead a happy, well balanced life. This is important to us… our employees are important to us!
The Design Team Lead is responsible for the development and direction of creative ideas for the projects they are assigned to. The Design Team Lead will create design and ensure that the design team and other production specialists are successful in: developing concepts, implementing design strategies, and producing interactive and brand-design solutions. He or she will balance creative thinking, interpersonal skills, and client expectations to successfully translate concepts into functional designs.
- Reporting to Global Head of UX and supporting all business goals and objectives of the team.
- Managing a team of 5+ interaction / visual designers.
- Ensuring the highest quality output and level of professionalism from the team.
- Responsive to business priorities and setting clear expectations around timelines and deliverables.
- Adopting and owning processes to monitor and measure workflow. Reporting status when necessary.
- Distributing and balancing workload effectively.
- Creative direction and inspirational leadership.
- Stakeholder management and communication.
- Client presentations and thought leadership.
- Facilitating environments to encourage creative exploration / ideas exchange
- 5+ years experience managing creative / design / UX teams, client side or agency.
- Degree level qualification, or equivalent, in a design related field required.
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically.
- Experience with recruitment and team development.
- Impressive portfolio with examples of both individual and directed projects.
- Practitioner and advocate of user centered design principles and methodologies.
- Knowledge of design for online, mobile / multi-channel essential.
- Skilled at inspiring and motivating teams.
- Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Proficient with Adobe design software.
- Familiarity with wire framing and drafting tools such as Axure, OmniGraffle a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree