Hornall Anderson is seeking a Design Director with a stellar background in branding design and a focus working with enterprise level clients. We are actively building a culture around the way we do our work that makes us different: to be relevant consultants, consumer advocates, big-idea innovators, and extreme collaborators who deliver world-class creative solutions. We use design as a way of thinking to deliver big ideas that are a way of doing – that engage with consumers to create real business value.
People are the single most important factor in our ongoing success, and we actively recruit the best talent in the industry. We offer a wide range of creative opportunities, excellent compensation, and a vibrant culture that drives the outstanding creative product we are proud of and constantly working to improve.
We are looking for experienced, visionary design leaders who bring creative expertise, inspiration and thought leadership in one or more design disciplines (brand, packaging, interactive, environmental) who are also capable of contributing to an interdisciplinary, collaborative environment that allows us to deliver seamless, holistic design solutions across multiple channels.
The person we’re looking for realizes a brand is more than just a name and identity; packaging is about more than a form factor and logo; and interactive and internet are not the same thing. They make clients feel at ease with the creative process, motivate and lead teams to perform great work, mentor emerging talent and help attract new clients.
Our studio operates in a highly collaborative environment. We’re not looking for a Design Director whose primary interest is in directing people but rather someone who can lead by example. This means having an outstanding portfolio of innovative work that will inspire and motivate our designers. It also means having enough experience to realize you don’t have a lock on every great idea and know how to combine many different ideas from a diverse team of designers into a final design that meets the needs of the client. To ace this job you need to be the rare bird that is big on talent but small on ego.
• An exceptional portfolio that demonstrates design excellence, creativity, risk-taking and strategic thinking
• At least ten years professional experience (including work in a creative services agency setting) with demonstrated success in achieving breakthrough creative results
• Minimum two years leading and managing multiple design teams on enterprise level/high profile client projects
• Broad experience in multiple design disciplines ideally with a focus working on consumer packaged goods
• Experience mentoring up-and-coming talent
• The ability to gain the confidence and trust of major clients including contributing to new business pitches
• BFA in design or equivalent preferred
How to apply
Send your resume, cover letter and PDF or URL to: careers (@) hadw (dot) com