AIR is looking for motivated Database Engineers that will be an integral part of the software engineering and product development teams. They will be responsible for designing and developing highly scalable, performance driven and efficient databases which are simultaneously accessed by hundreds of thousands of users. They will work on latest database technologies, practices and schemas to address requirements for high transaction volume systems.
AIR is currently seeking a Database Engineer to join our team in Washington, DC (Georgetown).
Be part of something innovative and cutting edge. Join our team of more than a hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
• advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
• mobile support for the user interfaces
• learning management systems with social media features
• user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
• innovative, machine-scorable items
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry.
The Database Engineer will be an integral part of the software engineering and product development team within AIR. This group of professionals provide custom software solutions for our clients as well as internal support systems. Much of the work we perform is new development, so the right candidate will have the skills needed to perform full life-cycle software development. This includes participation in requirements gathering, application and database design, system documentation, writing and unit-testing efficient code, and deployment.
• B.S. in Computer Science is required along with 3-6+ years professional software development experience or a M.S. in Computer Science and 1-4 years professional software development experience
• Proficient SQL experience to include work with relational databases and writing SQL queries
• Able to analyze stored procedure for performance and function issues
• Experience in query optimization & performance tuning. Used SQL Profiler, Execution Plan, Performance Monitor and DBCC Commands
• Experience in operating and supporting on-demand Internet-based systems
• Self-starting, independent thinker and worker
• Has very strong background in software development life cycle (SDLC) process and has excellent analytical, programming and problem solving skills
• Highly detail-oriented
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work well on a team as well as independently
• SQL Server 2005 and Transact-SQL
• Experience supporting fast-growing large-scale production-quality web environments
AIR offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including a fully funded retirement plan, generous paid time off, commuter benefits, and tuition assistance. For more information, please visit our website at www.air.org. To apply, please go to https://jobs-airdc.icims.com/jobs/8881/database-engineer/job. Candidates must apply online for consideration. EOE.