DIGITAL PRODUCT & DESIGN MANAGER
Envisions and executes the design and day-to-day art needs of Kiplinger.com and related digital properties (including our mobile site and apps) and coordinates the development of new interactive tools and features.
Essential duties and responsibilities
include the following (other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Managing Editor and/or Director of New Media):
- Leads the redesign of Kiplinger.com and associated digital properties, including our mobile site and apps.
- Researches, sizes/crops, and uploads images for use on top-level pages of Kiplinger.com and in a steady volume of slide shows, quizzes, and other features.
- Maintains relationships with cost-effective sources of stock art.
- Defines business and functional requirements for new and updated tools, features, and functionality on Kiplinger.com, in collaboration with appropriate subject-matter experts and stakeholders.
- Establishes the design of individual new features and functionality.
- Coordinates photography of new Kiplinger staffers and columnists for head shots used on Kiplinger.com.
- Establishes and communicates guidelines and best practices for re-use of images on Kiplinger.com and partner sites.
- Responds to partner-site and media requests for Kiplinger logos, screen shots, and other art used in cross-promotion of Kiplinger content.
- Supports the Kiplinger.com advertising and business-development teams in designing mockups and proposals, as necessary.
- Designs house ads for Kiplinger.com in collaboration with Kiplinger marketing colleagues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; plus a minimum of 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ideal candidates will be proficient in Web-design software such as Dreamweaver and should be familiar with CSS.
Adobe Creative Suite 5 (and below), experience with website content management systems (CMS), Microsoft Office suite
How to apply