New York Media
Are you a designer who can code? A developer who likes design?
Are you able to bridge the gap between design and engineering,
solving design problems with fearless creativity and technical skills?
New York Media is the parent company of the ground-breaking weekly New York magazine, founded in 1968. The website nymag.com, an up-to-the-minute news and service site for New Yorkers, includes: GrubStreet.com, Vulture, and the twice-yearly New York Weddings magazine. New York magazine chronicles news and social trends, explores the city’s cultural happenings and serves as a navigational tool for all aspects of city life. Nymag.com attracts more than 5 million monthly unique visitors, making it one of the most visited online destinations focused on New York City.
New York Media is seeking a Design Technologist to join our elite UX Development team — the front-end masters of NYMag.com, Vulture, and Grub Street. This is an incredible opportunity to be a part of a team building world-class digital products featuring award-winning entertainment, fashion and local content enjoyed by millions of people. This position is full-time and based at our SoHo office in New York, NY.
• Work with Designers and Software Engineers to create and build next-generation products;
• Rapid prototyping and refinement of prototypes based on design comps;
• Make technical recommendations based on design and business requirements.
• High competency of Adobe Creative Suite and similar software tools;
• Extreme attention to detail, driving for pixel perfection;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Committed to great user experience.
• Prior experience with Agile product development;
• Relevant experience includes self-started personal projects;
• Love what you do.
Local candidates only.
Please send your portfolio, salary requirements, CV and cover letter to
Please put “Design Technologist” in the subject line.
No Phone Calls, Please.