United Way Worldwide envisions a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives. United Way advances the common good by creating opportunities for a better life for all. United Way recruits people and organizations who bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done. We invite you to be a part of the change – to Live United.
United Way Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities strongly encouraged to apply.
As Creative Director for United Way Worldwide (UWW), you will be
responsible for brand management, setting the overall creative direction of the projects, and for managing personnel and the daily work activities (processes and protocols) of the Creative Studio team within the Brand Leadership group. You must have strong, effective, creative writing skills as you will be required to write and edit brand and marketing communications. You will have responsibility for establishing annual work goals and objectives and for guiding the professional development for assigned team members. You will be responsible for effectively managing all UWW resources assigned to the team. You will serve as a member of the leadership for the Brand Leadership department.
1. Manages and directs the Creative Studio to deliver creative services, counsel and multi-media products to UWW staff and network.
2. Develops and shapes creative concepts and messaging with the Studio staff and freelancers (creative collaboration and leadership) to align with brand strategy and guidelines for multi-media (video, graphics, digital). Guides production in-house, with Print Shop or external sources.
3. Writes copy for United Way Worldwide brand materials (marketing communications materials, video scripts, etc.)
4. Serves as creative and chief “idea” consultant for UWW staff, local United Way field and United Way Store to ensure brand consistency across all platforms.
5. Responsible for overall trafficking and project and budget management on Studio assignments
6. Oversees implementation and compliance of brand identity, graphics standards and brand architecture across the United Way network around the world. Advises/coaches UWW staff, field staff and partners on brand presentation matters.
7. Collaborates with pro-bono ad agency in developing/executing LIVE UNITED marketing materials.
Minimum requirements include a bachelor degree with at least seven to ten years of progressive experience in a similar leadership role. Requires advanced technical/functional knowledge, skills and abilities (writing, editing, graphics, video, digital media). Must demonstrate a proven track record in concept development as well as execution (will be asked to provide examples). Additionally, this position requires a minimum of five years of previous people management (staff, agency, freelancers) and leadership experience, with ability to coach/develop ideas from others. Must demonstrate comfort level with public speaking/presentations with the ability to persuade and “sell” creative ideas. Excellent project management skills, including budget and time management, required. International experience is desirable.
Other: United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA and we offer free parking and competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, 403b plan, paid time off, family sick leave and more.