Landmark Group (LMG) is the largest retailer in the Middle East with over 1000 stores and $3.8 billion in revenue. The group has interests in fashion, home retail and hospitality and manages 24 customer facing brands.
LMG has started a mega project to revamp and modernize the websites of all these 24 customer facing brands. The standards we are aiming for are the best in the web industry.
High quality content will be a critical success factor in this project to revamp all our customer facing websites. We believe that modern design and technology can only add value if the content is very customer focused and relevant.
Because there are so many different businesses involved, the process of getting content will be challenging, not only in terms of quality, but also in terms of timeliness. Also, various different types of content will be involved here ñ pictures, illustrations, diagrams, videos, animations, written content, database content, interactive features etc.
We want an entrepreneurial professional who can define this process, enforce it and ensure that the content flows into these sites in a timely fashion with quality which has never been seen before in the company.
Additionally, in a few months we will start work on defining a solid social media strategy for all these brands and then want to start serious and continuous social campaigns. We also have a corporate blog which you will be responsible for.
- Participate in the information architecture process of every website
- Define the process of content collection and generation for each website. Making project plans for the same, holding regular meetings with all involved, ensuring that delivery happens in time.
- Create content related guidelines for setting up clearer processes.
- Liaise with all the brand teams to collect raw content and with writers & editors make this raw content web-ready
- Own the quality of the content that goes up on each of these websites.
- Participate in the designing of the content management system used uploading content.
- Own the content process and quality for our corporate blog.
- Participate in the definition of the social media strategy for the company and then build the team and processes to make that a reality.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Experience in working on vast and diverse content projects for websites which involved coordinating with many teams.
- Total experience of 6 to 9 years
- Some education or formative experience as a content writer would be a plus.
- Strong understanding of the realities of the web and how it impacts content.
- Basic understanding of HTML and CMS based content management.
- Extreme attention to detail