Computer Programmer/Analyst 2
Working under the supervision of the head of the Office of Communications, with the head of the Office of Communications, the College’s director of IT, and others as appropriate, to design, implement and maintain software for Web applications, hardware applications, and applications for other devices in support of College needs.
For a complete position description, please go to http://www.cag.uconn.edu and click the link under Hot Topics.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer-related field and two to three years of application programming experience or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Evidence of ability to independently analyze and translate assigned programs into operating programs and prepare detailed program documentation;
- Familiarity with and experience in database administration;
- Must be proficient in system testing, deployment, installation and maintenance;
- Must have ability to work with non-technical clients to understand their needs well and develop solutions to meet them;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Other desirable qualifications:
- Knowledge of XNA, Silverlight, WinRT, C++ , C#, VB and/or HTML5;
- Knowledge of TCPIP;
- Knowledge of a hardware systems;
- Familiarity with Visix panels using CAP (Common Alerting Protocol)
This is a full-time, permanent position. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes a full benefits package.
How to apply
To apply: Go to HuskyHire at http://www.jobs.uconn.edu/. Please submit a cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position, a current resume, and names and contact information for three references.
We encourage applications from under-represented groups, including minorities, women, and people with disabilities. The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer