Community Creator & Strategist
AFS is a global community of more than 50 Partner organizations that support intercultural learning, principally through exchange programs. AFS has transformed the lives of millions of students, families and individuals with help from AFS Volunteers.
Connect a global community of more than 20,000,000 people
AFS is developing a virtual platform to sustain, support and develop the global AFS community through connecting AFS Volunteers, Participants, Returnees, Host Families, schools and staff, as well as others interested in intercultural learning.
The AFS World Café is conceived as a means to remove geographical and hierarchical barriers between and among the members of the AFS worldwide community and to connect them to create a global social movement.
We want to be challenged!
With respect to the conception and the creation of the AFS World Café, AFS wants to be challenged! We want to be led, through the application of cutting-edge technology and elegant solutions into the future of collaborative co-creation.
While the challenge is a stimulating one, it will take strong leadership ability and cultural sensitivity, the descriptive powers of a visionary and the tactical skills of an expert project manager.
What it entails
The Community Creator & Strategist will coordinate the overall project:
• Articulate overall strategic direction to the AFS World Café while taking into account feedback and input from users and stakeholders.
• Coordinate development work of the AFS World Café, working closely with staff, volunteers and external consultants.
• Provide direction regarding platform used for the AFS World Café.
• Ensure that the AFS World Café remains optimally connected to outside social networking tools and other relevant web sites.
• Assist in creating communications and fundraising materials for the project.
18 months contracted position.
Preferably our New York Office, but we are willing to discuss other options.