Back-end Web Developer – Contract to Hire
You enjoy the product-launch rush. We’d like to get to know you.
Objective: We’re looking for a creative, multi-talented web developer to help Latitude Labs with a variety of application development needs, leading up to and following the public launch of Lumière, our video evaluation and analytics platform for creative media professionals. This is a phenomenal opportunity for anyone looking to make a demonstrable impact – both in terms of bringing a product to launch-readiness and contributing to future iterations post launch.
Hours & Location: 30-40 hours per week. We support remote/flex working arrangements, but expect a contractor to spend some time at our offices in Beverly during the early phase of the contract to help establish a good working relationship with the Labs team and a deep understanding of the Lumière application.
Compensation: Compensation will be contract-based, rather than hourly, and will be calibrated to 6 months of salaried employment. Target contract duration is 6 months, though there will be a review at 3 months to gauge mutual interest in continuing the contract. Subject to a review following successful completion of the contract, we may invite the contractor to stay on as a regular, full-time employee.
- Work with other team members to design, develop and test new server-side tools, features and functionality for a proprietary SaaS web application
- Test coverage planning, creation and execution
- Assist with front-end development, to the extent that proficiency dictates
- Other project related tasks, as assigned
- Participate in regular check-ins and code reviews
- Demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft web application technologies, including ASP.NET, MVC, C#, Entity Framework, Visual Studio
- Demonstrable proficiency with SQL Server or other relational database
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services a plus
- Familiarity with HTML5 web video a plus
- Strong aesthetic sensibility a plus
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Knack for initiative, creative thinking and curiosity
Latitude provides custom research and consulting services to help the world’s foremost media and technology companies understand how the evolving online and mobile landscapes—and emerging user behaviors—translate into new business opportunities.
Latitude’s newest venture, Latitude Labs, prototypes, develops, and brings to market software products at the intersection of video and the web. Its first offering, Lumière, provides media creators—including television networks, film studios, and advertising agencies—an intuitive, self-service solution for generating rich qualitative and quantitative viewer insights around their video content. Marrying analytical sophistication with beautiful, user-friendly design, Lumière promises to dramatically increase the insights capabilities of client-side teams and help them produce better, more engaging, and more effective content.
How to apply
Candidates will be required to submit a cover letter, resume, and a brief (~300 word max) response to the following: Describe a complex web development project that you have played a critical role in bringing to successful completion. What technologies did you use, and what was your specific role in/contribution to the project?
Applications may be sent to . Candidates who submit incomplete applications will not be considered.