Back-End Web Developer
Downtown digital agency seeking a back-end developer to help us create multiple e-commerce websites.
- Plan and execute new features that scale
- Improve and maintain our development environment and release system
- Monitor overall site performance, stability, and health.
- Must be within commuting distance to New York (No telecommuters)
- Experience working on a high-volume website
- Experience building custom web applications from scratch or using an MVC style framework
- Fluent in PHP and MySQL
- Strong communication skills
- Expertise with MVC methodologies required
- An unhealthy obsession with building efficient, clean, and modular code and data structures
- An innate understanding of the issues surrounding large-volume websites and scalability
- Experience with version control (SVN or GIT) a plus
- Having a hacking mentality, a big plus