Assistant Digital Producer
Help us create amazing things (that matter) online.
Survival International is the worldwide movement for tribal peoples. We have offices in London, San Francisco, Madrid, Paris, Milan, Berlin and Amsterdam, and supporters in nearly every country in the world.
You’ll be helping to produce stories of the world’s threatened tribes: web pages, interactives, infographics, videos and campaigns to excite, delight and move people to action. This is what we do: ’Earth’s most threatened tribe’.
You will be part of Survival’s film and digital media team. You’ll report to our Producer, and work closely with our Web Designer and Camera Operator/Editor.
The web is at the centre of everything Survival does. The size of our online audiences are exploding and millions of people visit our site each year. Hundreds of thousands are signed up to hear from us by email and on Facebook. We publish in seven languages and our stories feature in the world’s press each week.
- You’re steeped in the web and love how it is helping people to change the world. And you’ll get fired up about creating fabulous new user experiences for our online audiences.
- You’re able to write sharply and concisely. You love words and can write to inspire, engage and entertain.
You will be working with our digital team to re-imagine our online publishing projects: finding exciting new angles, coming up with ideas for infographics, planning out interactives and wireframing new web pages. You’ll put user experience (UX) at the heart of your work and test out your ideas to find out how well they work in the real world. And you’ll be working with our enthusiastic, engaged audiences on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and YouTube.
You don’t need to be a programmer, although as you’ll have some kind of experience of publishing online already you are likely to know your <a> from your <em>. You don’t need to be a designer, but you’ll certainly appreciate the power of art and aesthetics. You do need to be able to show us that you’re passionate about producing for the web.
You’ll also care greatly about UX. While you might not already be an expert, you must be able to demonstrate a keen interest in human behaviour and psychology and be ready for a steep learning curve. Without a doubt, you’ll be someone who needs to do work that will make a dent in the universe.
Location: Survival’s international office, central London
Hours: 10am-6pm, Mon-Fri
How to apply
To apply, please do these four things:
● Describe yourself in a one sentence pitch, and in no more than one paragraph tell us why you want the job (but also attach your CV!)
● Link to something you’ve worked on on the web, and tell us what your role was
● Send us links to the last three amazing things you saw online
● Tell us the names of three people or organizations who have something interesting to say about creating incredible user experiences.
Email this to .