A leader in Internet technology, content and revenue solutions, WorldNow, a New York-based technology and sales company, is the only company to provide a comprehensive technology platform and strategic advertising services that enable media companies to expand to the digital realm with innovative Web publishing tools, advanced video delivery technology and industry-driving advertising leadership. WorldNow’s proven technology and advertising leadership equips its media partners with the tools to make the transition to the digital marketplace, expand their footprint in the online ecosystem and realize real-world profitability from their investment. Current WorldNow customers include affiliates of major broadcast television, newspaper and radio groups. For more information please visit www.WorldNow.com.
Our dynamic and growing company is looking for a talented Art Director to play a key role in our highly innovative product development team.
• Directly supervise and lead the Design Team, both on a strategic level within the company, and on a personal level, managing designers and their individual growth.
• Translate customer and end-user goals into effective design solutions, and manage those solutions from concept through completion.
• Produce and optimize final compositions in collaboration with Applications Development Team.
• Devise innovative and user-friendly interfaces to support new functionality for online products (content management system, video player, desktop applications, etc.)
• Create new business pitch design proposals working with Sales and Marketing Teams. Effectively present proposals to both current and prospective clients.
• Act as the primary Design representative for WorldNow at external events or client meetings, and within internal cross-team projects.
• 4-year degree in related field (preferably a BFA or BA in design)
• 5+ years of professional graphic design and art direction, with a web focus.
• An outstanding portfolio showcasing expert design and art direction skills in both web and print media, with a broad client base. Agency experience a plus.
• Expert level knowledge of the following software applications on a Mac: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, OmniGraffle. Must have working knowledge of Flash.
• Strong understanding of web front-end technologies and their feasibilities and limitations in terms of design. Familiarity with content management systems a plus.
• An intuitive approach to information architecture and user interface design with emphasis on usability. Examples required.
• Strong understanding of print production and experience managing printers, marketing firms and photography resources.
• Expert level understanding of typography, color theory, corporate identity and brand are essential, with a broad knowledge of current design trends and techniques for both web and print media.
• Superb presentation and conceptual skills are absolutely necessary
• Management style that effectively mentors graphic designers to excel and grow
• Self-motivation, positive attitude, and very strong interpersonal and leadership skills required