Rokkan, a New York City interactive agency is looking for an Art Director. An ideal candidate is someone who is looking to step-up as an Art Director from a Senior Design position, or someone looking to join a new team from a previous role as AD. Candidates should have the following skills/experience:
• 5+ years (combined) digital agency experience as Senior Designer and/or Art Director.
• Ability to produce works from concept to delivery, working closely with a Creative Director.
• Proven portfolio comprised of campaign, e-commerce, experiential and portal works for major brands.
• Strong concept, presentation and client-facing skills.
• Strong design, compositing, illustration (hand-drawn/digital) skills.
• 3D/motion sensibility.
• Creation of style-guides.
• Well-versed in web technologies, best practices, emerging media and marketing.
• Experience in pitch-work.
• Fast and efficient.
• Must be a team player and outgoing. Personality is paramount.
• Strong conceptual thinking and execution
• Photo-compositing and typography skills
• Understanding best practices and limitations for various platforms (web, mobile, application, etc)
• Animation or illustration experience a plus
• Aware of various design trends and aesthetic styles
• Great understanding of user interfaces, navigation and interaction
• Attention to detail and organized
• Independent and can take lead on projects as well as oversee team
• Photoshop, illustrator, InDesign are a must
• After Effects, Flash, 3D software would be great but not entirely necessary