DDC Advocacy is a full-service grassroots issue advocacy firm that offers complete program strategy, development, and execution services to corporate, association, and non-profit clients. As one of the premier grassroots firms in the country, DDC Advocacy offers the nation’s most complete array of grassroots services, from nationwide, on-the-ground field support to cutting-edge online advocacy services.
We are currently seeking a talented and versatile Art Director to join our Interactive Agency. You will lead the design efforts for large-scale advocacy initiatives through the entire life cycle of the project, from concept to production. You will partner with other members of the Agency and the executive level project stakeholders we support in developing innovative and industry-leading interactive experiences.
• Participate in program brainstorming, concept development, and design
• Create visual design solutions that address business, brand, market, and user requirements of each assignment
• Successfully communicate (present) visual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of your design solutions
• Help load balance team assignments and quality control output
• Collaborate with web developers, creative teammates, project managers, UX professionals, team strategists and account staff to ensure successful delivery of the final work product
• Participate in new business efforts, providing any assistance that would help award DDC Advocacy new work
• BFA degree in Graphic Design, Digital Media Design, or other visual arts
• 5-7 years of experience as a key member of a design or an interactive team participating in the complete product development life-cycle of several successfully launched Web products
• Career focus on web design
• Professional level knowledge of industry standard Web design software and tools included with Adobe CS5+ and the ability to design for current Web technologies such as HTML, AJAX, CSS, FLASH, FLEX, & Digital Video
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary and outstanding benefits including company paid medical insurance, 401(k), parking, casual dress and a fast-paced, campaign style work environment.