DDC Advocacy is a full-service grassroots issue advocacy firm that offers complete program strategy, development, and execution services to corporate, association, and non-profit clients. As one of the premier grassroots firms in the country, DDC Advocacy offers the nation’s most complete array of grassroots services, from nationwide, on-the-ground field support to cutting-edge online advocacy services.
We are currently seeking a talented and versatile Art Director to lead large-scale advocacy initiatives through the entire life cycle of the project, from concept to production. You will work directly with a core team and executive level project stake-holders to develop innovative and industry-leading interactive experiences.
• Lead projects for the creative team through strategy, concept development, design and implementation
• Collaboration with cross-functional teams on multiple projects concurrently
• Clear and articulate presentation of creative work to both clients and internal stake-holders
• Mentorship and support for team members
• Assist in incorporating and testing new technologies
• Bachelor’s degree in Web Design/Computer Science or equivalent agency experience
• 5+ years of paid experience (2 years in an Art Director role preferred)
• Online portfolio with recent samples of your work
• Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver)
• Proficient with XHTML, CSS and standards-based web design
• Attention to detail and the ability to clearly understand client goals and requirements
• Strong communication skills built upon collaboration with both internal teams and clients
• An up-to-date and well cultivated understanding of industry trends
• Strong knowledge of cross-browser rendering issues
• Good sense of humor and strong nerves under pressure
Desired (but not required):
• Experience with all aspects of print production and desktop publishing
• Experience developing in Flash and/or Silverlight
• Experience with C#/ASP.NET
• Familiarity with leading content management systems (Wordpress, Joomla, etc)
• Knowledgeable about social media, social media communities, sites and applications
DDC Advocacy offers a competitive benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental benefits, parking, casual dress, matching 401(K) and more. To learn more about DDC Advocacy, please visit our website (www.ddcadvocacy.com).