Art Director, Key Art
Under the direction of the Vice President, Video, Print and Web Design, the Art Director, Key Art works to conceptualize and manage key art solutions consistent with the Crown Media Family Networks, Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries brand criteria. The Art Director, Key Art is responsible for managing the day to day key art for Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries working both with internal teams and external key art vendor.
The Art Director, Key Art also utilizes innovative and creative approaches to challenges, and identifies new directions for the ongoing evolution of key art.
• Responsible for the direction of key art from concept to completion
• Manages in house designer and external vendors to create key art
• Ensures that final creative output provides the creative solutions necessary to accommodate key art requests
• Works directly with VP to develop, establish, and apply creative concepts
• Demonstrates expert organizational, communication, creative skills and works well in a collaborative team environment
• Effectively partners with peers, direct reports and internal clients to ensure work meets creative and strategic standards appropriate to the target audiences and brand.
• Effectively manages internal production of key art and outside vendor production to insure timely delivery.
• Works in partnership with Programming and Public Relations to meet and manage talent and corporate expectations
• Collaborates and art directs with external vendor to conceptualize and manage key art
• Partners with internal teams to find creative, effective and diplomatic solutions to creative challenges
• Utilizes exceptionally creative and conceptual key art skills
• Takes a strong artistic approach to photography and creative with an eye for detail
• Bachelor’s degree preferably from an Art School
• Must have minimum 7 years of experience managing key art in a leadership role
• Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook experience
• Experience working with freelance photographers
• Experience managing talent on set
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
• Ability to work well within budget and deadline parameters
• Advanced/expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign and Photoshop
• Advanced knowledge of current photography practices
• Proven track record in developing creative print solutions for other broadcast/cable networks or design firms
• Demonstrates an ongoing desire to keep updated on the latest trends in creative craft and technical skills
• Excellent and articulate communicator/partner
• Showcases a spirit of team building vs. turf building working style
• Has the ability to showcase diplomatic skills in the face of the unpredictable responds with a “can do” attitude to tight turnaround deadlines
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Crown Media United States, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.