(Kick-Ass) Front-End Developer Wanted @ Well-Funded Start-Up
American Efficient (www.americanefficient.com) is looking for the kind of front-end developer who daydreams about great user experience and then needs to make it happen. You’ll work as the glue between our back-end development team and our UX/UI design lead. The role requires broad knowledge and skills in information architecture and an appreciation for how that architecture dictates the boundaries of UX/UI.
- Portfolio of websites you have developed on in the past
- Ability and interest in staying current with trends and technologies and continually share this knowledge across the team
- Design ability a plus
- PHP experience a plus
- Experience with social application development a plus (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Meaningful equity stake in the company
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
What We’re Doing (at this moment, srsly)
Well, since you asked…American Efficient is an Internet technology company kinda obsessed with changing the way people make energy efficient purchase decisions.
Our team is close. We rely on each other. ‘Round here it goes without saying, but we’re interested in working with guys and gals who hold their work to the highest degree, and who want to build new stuff…all the time. We are well-funded and are based in downtown San Mateo, CA (a block from Caltrain). The team includes repeat Internet entrepreneurs who have had tremendous success (Reputation.com, Trialpay) and who hail from MIT, Stanford Engineering, the Stanford Graduate School of Business, Stanford Law, Penn, and CMU. Our advisors include a Nobel Prize-winning academic and and the VP of Business Development of Groupon who was instrumental in growing that company from one city and ten employees to the group buying giant that it is today.