(Baller) UX/UI Designer Wanted @ Well-Funded Start Up
A UX/UI Designer at American Efficient (www.americanefficient.com) is responsible for understanding our business and communication goals, and translating them into elegant and thoughtful solutions across all products including web, mobile and tablet. You will be our first full-time design (i.e., there is a ton to do and significant room to create).
- Right, so design is pretty fundamental to effective user engagement – we get that and you’ll own this
- Conceive and create high-quality user web designs, such as user flows, interactive experiences, banners, emails, landing pages, etc.
- Deliver print collateral (i.e., marketing brochures, product specs, sales sheet, etc.), based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts
- Work directly with the biz dev & sales teams to design compelling, customized graphics
- An extremely clean, functional design aesthetic
- A strong understanding of grid systems, composition and color, with a keen eye for typography, and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work with the development team to understand technology requirements and capabilities as they relate to the user interface
- Passion for current with design trends and technologies and a desire to evangelize this knowledge across the team
- Strong Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Knowledge of HTML, including best practices and standards, is a plus
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Meaningful equity stake in the company
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
What We’re Doing (at this moment, srsly)
Well, since you asked…American Efficient is an Internet technology company kinda obsessed with changing the way people make energy efficient purchase decisions.
Who We Are
Our team is close. We rely on each other. ‘Round here it goes without saying, but we’re interested in working with guys and gals who hold their work to the highest degree, and who want to build new stuff…all the time. We are well-funded and are based in downtown San Mateo, CA (a block from Caltrain). The team includes repeat Internet entrepreneurs who have had tremendous success (Reputation.com, Trialpay) and who hail from MIT, Stanford Engineering, the Stanford Graduate School of Business, Stanford Law, Penn, and CMU. Our advisors include a Nobel Prize-winning academic and the VP of Business Development of Groupon who was instrumental in growing that company from one city and ten employees to the group buying giant that it is today.