*Contract* Interactive Designer / Ping Pong Master
Do you have a go-to color scheme for every occasion? Do you boycott websites with bad design? Do your friends constantly ask you to create something for their business, baby shower or theme parties? Can you drink a beer, design on demand, and sing karaoke in the same hour? Are you good at ping pong?
If you have answered YES to all those above, then please apply because 80’s day is coming up and we need to some invitations ASAP!
What we are looking for:
- We are in search for a highly motivated, flexible, self-directed person with a sense of humor and a sharp mind who works well under pressure and can thrive in an atmosphere of tight deadlines and last minute projects.
- Designers should have solid experience working on web sites, landing pages, micro sites, layout, image cropping, and good design sensibility.
- MUST have a Laptop and be willing to work onsite in Seattle for 3 months.
- For this position we would ideally like to have someone passionate about the tech industry and GREAT Design!
About the company:
SEOmoz is a profitable startup that develops market-leading tools and technology used by Internet marketers and webmasters to improve their rankings in search engines. We are looking to add a Contract Graphic Designer to our team!
SEOmoz is a small (just 53 of us today) but rapidly-growing, profitable technology startup. That said, we dream big—we aim to provide companies with the best, most advanced ways to measure and improve their organic web marketing (i.e. any traffic source you don’t pay for – SEO, social, blogs, viral videos, etc.).
We’ve got the reputation of a big player with the energy of a young, nimble organization. This allows us to do very exciting things when we smell opportunity. We pride ourselves on developing kick-ass (and good-looking) software, indexing the web, providing a robust API that serves hundreds of millions of queries each day, and hosting the web’s most vibrant web marketing community.
In our downtown Seattle offices, mere steps from Pike Place Market, we maintain a fun, supportive, laid-back work environment.
We pay well (salaries are on par with the big guys – Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Sauron) and we work hard (sometimes long hours are a must, but we pride ourselves on working smart, not 80-hour nightmare weeks).
We’re also very generous with vacation and flex time because we understand that our employees have lives, interests, and obligations outside of the office.
Our core values include being transparent (you’ll get every key metric about the business each week), having fun (pie-eating contests – check! Team ice cream trips – check! Friday afternoon Settlers of Catan parties – check!) and creating exceptional products our customers love.
We strongly encourage you to read more about the company – our core values (http://www.seomoz.org/blog/what-we-believe-why-seomozs-tagfee-tenets), our history (http://www.seomoz.org/blog/the-history-of-seomoz) and what we do (http://www.seomoz.org/about).
- At least three years of professional design experience in a collaborative environment.
- The ideal candidates will provide a strong online design portfolio.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and organization skills.
- BS/BA/BFA degree in graphic design, visual communication, or similar.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other design applications such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience with HTML and CSS is a plus!
- Strong understanding of the principles of design, typography, and color for both print and web.
- Knowledge of printing process and proofing method.
We’re offering a very competitive salary for this position (based on experience) to attract exciting candidates as well as all-you-can eat goldfish crackers and all-you-can eat cheese sticks, cupcakes, donuts and fruit.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please visit our job page at http://www.seomoz.org/about/jobs